Friday, September 27, 2013

Introduction to My Class Experience

By: Jane Neglia

Hi everyone, my name is Jane Neglia and I am the new Outreach Manager here at Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB)!  As Outreach Manager, it is my role to reach out and educate potential applicants and those who might refer individuals to us for a Guide Dog:Orientation and Mobility (O&M) instructors, Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI’s), etc. about our various programs and services. As a guide dog user myself, I have not yet experienced our two week class training program. I went through the four week training with my first guide Ari, and three weeks with my current guide Anja, and as part of my training as Outreach Manager I am going through the two week training program so that I can talk about it first hand while out presenting GDB and our services to the community. I will be receiving a different dog for this experience while Anja rests peacefully at home with my fiance waiting for my return in two weeks. So if you are considering coming to GDB for a dog, or have a dog from here, but are unclear or uncertain about the two week training program, stay tuned!      

No comments:

Post a Comment