Monday, May 21, 2012

Will Guide Dog Galleon Win the Hero Dog Awards?

Golden Galleon and black Lab Brinkley by the side of Larry Marcum

My retired Guide Dog Galleon, from Guide Dogs for the Blind is my hero dog because he literally changed my life in countless ways. He guided me for over nine years as my eyesight diminished.

He guided me to stand at the Lincoln Memorial, which had always been a lifelong dream of mine. He guided me to go places, meet people and do things that I would never have attempted without him by my side. He made it possible for me to fly over 20,000 miles on trips.

He guided me through three funerals of close family members, and through my wedding. He has taught me love, compassion, patience, understanding.

He has taught me that a Guide Dog does more than guide, a Guide Dog helps a person to live their dreams! --Lion Larry Marcum and the guys (pictured: retired Galleon and my new Guide Brinkley) of Forest Ranch, California

Will retired Guide Dog Galleon win the Hero Dog Awards? Only if you vote! Vote every day and be sure to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment